It's Christmas! Are You Ready?

Well, it's been a few weeks since I posted anything, and it's just because it's been crazy.  The few weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are always like that.  It seems like we are always on the go.



A few weeks ago we took our annual pictures, I won't call them "Christmas pictures", because we aren't wearing our Christmas sweaters, and wearing our reds and greens (not that you would ever catch me in that anyway!).  They turned our really well, our friend Jessica took them for us and she did a great job.  It was freezing out, but was still fun.  If you would like some great pictures and are in the Weatherford area, let me know, and I'll put you in touch with her.



 I believe we are ready for Christmas to be here.  It's coming whether we are or not.  I am really excited about one of Dane's presents this year.  He is getting a guitar (shh, don't say anything!).  I was about his age when I started, and has been a passion of mine for many years.  I hope it will for him too!  Claire's big present is a Guinnea pig.  We had been keeping it at Papa's house for the last week, but unfortunately, while in his care, it died!  So, on Sunday Janna had to get a new one.  I guess that is the risk of buying "live" presents!

This year, we are doing Christmas a little different.  We are going to open our presents on Christmas Eve.  This is the way I always did it growing up, so it will be nice to do that again.  We are looking forward to having a quiet evening just us and the kids.


Here are a couple of verses to think about:  Isaiah prophesying about the birth of Jesus, and then His birth, fulfilling that prophesy!


Isaiah 9:6
 6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

  Luke 2:11-14
“Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.”-
Please have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment